This program can be built into a FETAC Safety & Health at Work, level 5 Program.
This can also be delivered as a shorter awareness program, according to customer wishes.
The program aims to explain the legislative requirements on management of all caring environments, whether they be directors, the registered provider, person in charge, director of care/ nursing, senior managers, senior nurse/nurse in charge, more junior managers, supervisors or any other official of the workplace.
Subjects which may be covered are as outlined below:
- Legal responsibilities of the employer & all members of management, as per Irish legislation: an explanation
- How accidents & occupational ill health occur
- How to prevent accidents & occupational ill health in the caring environment
- The Safety Statement, Hazard Identification & Risk Assessments
- Implementing a Safety Management System: what is required
- Inspection of equipment in the workplace & how to implement an inspection policy
- Minimum training requirements
- Accident case studies, court case studies