- Role of Emergency Response Team.
- Review of Chemical classifications and hazard labelling.
- Spill activation procedures and response priorities.
- Review of Personal Protective Equipment and clean-up materials.
- Hands-on familiarisation with equipment.
- Personal Protective Equipment donning exercises.
- Review of simple chemical identification tests.
- Practical chemical identification exercise.
- Spill clean-up and waste disposal procedures, e.g. acids and solvents.
- Decontamination procedures.
Who Should Attend
Management, Supervisors and Employees who use chemicals as part of their daily working life. These people need to be aware of the correct safe procedure to react to a chemical spill effectively.
This course is designed to provide the course participants with the appropriate information on the hazards and dangers of working with chemicals and how to react in the correct manner should a chemical spill occur.