Health & Safety Services(Ayrton Group) provides training to Emergency Response Teams (ERT’s) to deal with both minor and serious emergency situations.
The situations can include general fires, as well as more specific events such as chemical spill, confined space rescues, explosions, life rescue situations, search and rescue, rescue from height, etc.
Suggested Course content
- Overview of relevant legislation
- Responding to and dealing with chemical spill
- Confined space rescue
- Breathing Apparatus
- Cause and cost of fires
- Fire classification
- Physics and chemistry of fires
- Development and spread of fire
- Evacuation Planning
- Experience hot fire and smoke filled buildings
- Fire behaviour demonstration (Back draft and Flashover)
- Fire extinguisher practicals using simulated gas fires
- Fire hose drills followed by practical use on simulated gas fires.
Separate course programmes are available for detailed modules such as confined space, chemical handling/chemical spill and breathing apparatus.
Ayrton Group train teams to be able to respond and control all incidents on site, in which the first few minutes in any situation are vital, so first class training is essential.
The mimimum duration for this course would be a HALF DAY
There is no maximum duration. It depends on what modules the client needs covered, and what previous training has been undertaken by the trainees. Each course we deliver is specifically designed and tailored to suit the individual clients requirements.