Ayrton Group provide a range of training options for our clients within this sector, so one of our food safety and hygiene training courses will suit you whatever your requirements are!!
There is a legal requirement Regulation (EC) 852/2004 that all food handlers undertake food safety training commensurate to their duties, and to comply with this in a practical manner our Food Safety Trainers have the expertise to suit your needs!!
The Level 2 course we offer is the EHOA (Environmental Health Officers Association) Primary Course in Food Safety, meaning it is certified by the EHOA, certificates valid for 5 years and details of the premise are recorded on the EHOA database.
This Course is Beneficial for anybody, working in the food & catering sector (e.g. industry, service sector (Catering, Hotel, B&B, Crèches), distribution, wholesale etc.
By successful completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Define food poisoning; understand how it occurs and the main causes of food contamination.
- Explain the importance of correct storage, preparation, handling and cooking of food.
- Recognize appropriate personnel hygiene
- List the legal responsibilities of the food worker
- List the structural requirements of a food premises
- Recognise a pest infestation and how to control it
- Explain the importance of cleaning & cleaning schedules
- Explain the purpose of Food Safety Management Systems (HACCP)
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Food contamination
- The importance of correct storage, preparation, handling and cooking of food
- Structural requirements of a food premises
- Personall hygiene
- Pests and how to control them
- Cleaning & cleaning schedules
- Food Safety Management Systems: HACCP
Training Methods Include:
- Powerpoint presentation
- Usage of props
- Video Clips
- Practical demonstrations & Training
- Time for discussions, questions & answers
- Comprehensive examination