This is a SOLAS, Construction Skills Certification Scheme, CSCS course
The Course is designed to make candidates aware of the dangers involved in excavating on the public highway & private land. It will train delegates in the use of cable detection equipment and to detect and avoid most buried apparatus.
- Legal & Occupational Responsibilities
- Liaison with others
- Risk Assessment
- Planning the work
- Safe Systems of Work
- Video Presentation
- Introduction to location & detection equipment ? functional checks
- Practical on-site location of underground services (by each delegate)
- Practical techniques for locating various services ? pipes, cables, street lighting, concrete reinforcing bars and locating tee connections.
- Further practical exercise ? incorporating all associated equipment
- Maintenance & storage of equipment
- Safe digging techniques
- Ten Golden rules of locating
- Questions & Answers
Certification: On successful completion a CSCS card and certificate will be issued by SOLAS. Certificates are valid for a period of five years.