Our Training will provide the necessary skills required to ensure safe clinical practice after completion of our program. This will then allow the Client & Carers/ Employees to ensure safe work practises for the Cared
Who Should Attend
- What is Oral Suctioning?
- When is Oral Suctioning likely to be required/ indicated?
- Contraindications to/ why not use Oral Suctioning
- What are the potential adverse effects of suctioning
- Anatomy & Physiology/ Biology of the upper airway
- What checks are required before Oral Suctioning
- When do we use/ what is the Application of Oral Suctioning
- What should we monitor after Oral Suctioning/ what to look out for
- Disposal of and Cleaning of used equipment- infection control
- Documentation; what do we record
- Reporting and Dealing with Faulty equipment