This training is in a workshop and discussion format to share existing knowledge about the safe use of stilts with the other attendees.
This course is prepared based on information from the following sources.
- H.S.A information (Safe System of Work Plan forms)
- H.S.E (UK) information.
- NSW Work Cover Fact Sheet
- Review of Manufacturers instruction sheets
This program would include information such as;
- Background to using stilts
- What surfaces are suitable for using stilts
- Work Environment & Layout
- Conditions of the work area
- Choosing proper stilts
- Maintenance & assembly of your stilts,
- How to use stilts safely- sitting for applying, handrail/ prop to help standing up
- Work platform for the plaster/ material
- Most common accidents when using stilts
- Checklist pre work start
- Is the site ‘plaster ready’?
- Is the task stilt suitable?
- Other equipment as required.
- Other information; Electrical power, fuels, storage, PPE requirements & so on.