What is an Ergonomic Risk Assessment?
- Reviewing the current work design and organisational factors in your workplace
- Identifying and recording any ergonomic equipment requirements and, where appropriate, providing on-the-spot advice and assistance to attain optimum layout of the workstations from computer workstations to machine set-up in a production floor
- Environment assessment of lighting, noise, temperature and humidity levels
- Prepare the final report, which will include a detailed assessment of the work area as well as a general overview and key recommendations. This report is intended to assist in reducing the possibility of accidents and ill health by bringing identified hazards to the attention of the organisation
Do you need an Ergonomic Risk Assessment undertaken in your workplace?
- Have you ever conducted a risk assessment of your workstations?
- Are you in line with minimum legislative requirements in this area?
- Are any of your employees working in poor uncomfortable postures?
- Would you like Ergonomic Risk Assessments done by a competent person?
Ergonomics is concerned with the relationship between people, the tasks they undertake, the equipment they use and the environments in which they work. It puts people first, taking account of their capabilities and limitations. Applying ergonomics in the workplace reduces the likelihood of accidents, reduces the potential for injury and ill health such as aches and pains of the wrists, shoulders and back, and improves performance and productivity.
the working posture and position of employees while using work equipment, and ergonomic requirements, are taken into account having regard to the safety and health of the employees.