What is a Workplace Health and Safety Audit?
A Health and Safety audit involves collecting information on the efficiency, effectiveness and reliability of the total health and safety management system and drawing up plans for corrective action.
Carrying out a workplace health and safety audit involves the following key steps:
- An assessment of the organisation’s safety management system
- A review of all relevant documentation
- Interviews with key personnel
- Walk-though inspection
- Preparation of a report of findings and provisions of prioritised recommendations in order to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation, guidance and best practice.
How Ayrton Group consultants can help you with your Workplace Health and Safety Audit
- An independent assessment of your safety management system by one of our team of experienced consultants
- The provision of recommended remedial action which is prioritised to assist management in drawing up an action plan
- Systematic auditing programme can become a benchmarking tool for the organisation of its health and safety performance