Our Chemical Safety Awareness Course will provide an awareness and understanding of chemical safety in the workplace. The course covers:
- The definition of a hazardous substance
- Examples of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Routes of entry into the body for hazardous substances
- The 2007 Code of Practice for the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Chemical Agents) Regulations 2001 (S.I. No. 619 of 2001)
- Risk Assessment principles and practice Hazard identification
Chemical Safety Training is designed for those who have the potential to be exposed to chemicals in the workplace. Participants will understand the physical and health hazards of chemicals used in the workplace and the importance of the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) to identify methods of protection using safe work practices, emergency procedures and personal protective equipment (PPE).