On completion of this course trainees would be a qualified Manual Handling Instructor
Presenters: Delivered by a qualified Manual Handling Instructor (who is also a qualified trainer and a Member of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) and a registered physiotherapist, with a background in training.
The purpose of this course is to:
- To enable the learners to explain the main components of relevant health and safety legislation.
- To understand the main components of the spinal column.
- Enable the learner to Instruct on theory and techniques of safe Manual Handling.
- To enable the learner to conduct manual handling task risk assessments related to various organisation needs.
- To enable the learner to gain the knowledge about recommended preventative, measures in order to eliminate or reduce the associated risk of injury while carrying out manual handling tasks.
- To enable the learner to identify ergonomic risks and recommended control measures.
- To enable the learner to develop skills for the lifting and handling of loads safely.
- To analyse the learners performance of manual handling techniques.
- To enable learners to develop skills to understand adult learning principles
- To enable the learner to prepare suitable instructional Manual Handling Courses for relevant work places.
- To enable learners identify that learning principles are understood.
- To enable the learner to conform with the guidance on Manual Handling training laid down by the H.S.A.