The course is designed to allow participants attain a basic understanding of key First Aid situations and their treatment for the Pediatric patient.
There key items covered on the course are:
- An introduction to Pediatric First Aid
- Pediatric Casualty Assessment
- CPR and choking on children and infants
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Altered levels of consciousness
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Medical conditions specific to children
The programme is delivered using a variety of tools, including PowerPoint presentations and interactive DVDs using a watch then practice method.
There is no exam on this course as it involves ongoing practical assessments
Successful completion of the course results in the issue of a certificate for each candidate