We are currently seeking a talented and driven Environmental Safety Consultant with Environmental, Sustainability, and Project Management experience to join our Environmental Consultancy Team.
Working closely with all levels of management within our business, and with large clients, you will become a leader in providing consulting advice and expertise relating to environmental assessment and management.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with a serious growth mindset, are customer focussed, and possess a genuine interest in career progression, then we would love to hear from you.
- Prepare and submit technical reports including Environmental Management Plans, Sustainability reports, Construction Environmental Management Plans, Construction/Demolition Waste Management Plans, Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIAR), environmental due diligence updating, ESG status reporting, Carbon reporting, regulatory compliance, and research.
- Closely collaborating with the Ayrton Consultancy team, focusing on the commercial and technical delivery of projects.
- Assist in growing Ayrton Group’s presence in environmental consulting in Ireland.
- Assisting in tenders for future work, as required.
- While the role will be primarily based out of Munster, it is likely country-wide travel will be required at various intervals based on client demand.
- A degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related discipline and be chartered (or in the process of gaining chartership) with a relevant professional body such as Engineers Ireland, IEMA, CIWM or CIWEM.
- A full clean driver’s license.
- Proficient in the use of software packages including MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to maintain and foster strong customer relationships.
- Excellent verbal and report writing skills, including technical reviewing with an eye for detail.
- In-depth knowledge of Irish environmental law. A knowledge of planning legislation including case law would be an advantage.
- A comprehensive understanding and capability within the field of environmental science, reporting on all aspects of this subject (as outlined above), EIA in Ireland, across the spectrum of environmental topics.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams on a range of environmental projects.
- Good problem-solving/contingency planning skills with the ability to find quick, innovative, and practical solutions.
- Willingness to travel to meet clients, at their locations.
- Hybrid working conditions are considered for most roles at Ayrton Group.