We have a requirement for a Health and Safety Officer in the Cork City region starting immediately
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducting regular site audits/inspections to ensure health and safety compliance to Company and Client procedures/rules.
- Carry out accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies.
- Auditing and assessing potential new contractors before they commence works.
- Supervise and manage EHS documentation to support the Company’s integrated safety management system.
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for personnel working on site.
- Maintain the required EHS registers to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Representation at site meetings as may be required.
- Reviewing the SWP’s (Safe Work Plans) for the tasks on site.
- Provide EHS advice and direction to relevant personnel on site as required.
- Hold a recognised third level qualification or Diploma in Health & Safety
- 3-4+ years experience in Health and Safety within the Construction Industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork and presentation skills
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft and excellent document control.
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times