- Undertake site audits in accordance with the integrated audit plan.
- Provide the HSQE manager with first-hand information regarding the performance of site based work teams and subcontractors.
- Take decisive action in conjunction with the project managers and supervisors in the event of any unsafe actions, or conditions.
- Play a leading role in the promotion and development of a positive project HSQE culture and ensure that, best practice ‘so far as is reasonably practicable, is always identified and promoted.
- Provide day to day advice and support to project site management, supervisors and contractors on HSQE issues associated with the clients projects.
- Provide the HSQE Manager with first-hand information regarding the HSQE performance of project teams and subcontractors and take decisive action in conjunction with project site management in the event of any unsafe actions or conditions.
- Review, revise and update existing safety, quality and environmental management systems.
- Assist the HSQE Manager in maintaining ISO 18001 14001 and 9001 along with other scheme specific accreditations. #
- Monitor and update as required Legal Registers for Ireland to ensure on-going compliance.
- Maintain own awareness and proficiencies to the highest and most current standards.
- Assist as necessary on all PQQ and tender submissions.
- Gather accurate HSQE performance data from project staff and subcontractors and produce monthly (including and assessment against KPI) reports.
- Provide first line support in the investigation of safety – environmental accidents /incidents and any utility strikes.
- Undertake HSQE site inspections and audits in accordance with project audit plans.
- Issue NCR’s/ CAR’s where appropriate and track remedial actions.
- Liaise regularly with subcontractor HSQE personnel.
- Conduct any site safety briefings as required and promote the development of a positive HSQE culture.
- Develop and maintain a regime of workplace assessments including office DSE assessments
- Undertake and implement HSQE initiatives as required.
- Represent the client as required at any client led HSQE Forums.
- Previous HSQE experience in utilities
- Auditing experience
- A utility background – Gas/Water/Electric
- Knowledge of ISO management systems, including 9001, 14001 and 18001
- A NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent
- A full clean Irish Driving Licence
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to sites across Ireland with occasional overnight
stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement to cover out of hours works i.e.,
weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, the successful candidate must be willing
to cover out of hours works, where necessary.