We have a great opportunity for a Lead Health and Safety Specialist working with a large Software company in the Dublin City region.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a well established multi national Software company and support them in the opening of their new Dublin campus.
- Promote health and safety with enthusiasm to the employee population through in-person training, meetings, and engagement events.
- Be in charge of the performance of the health and safety programs by measuring results and reporting to partners, safety committee, and leaders in Ireland.
- Support the various internal & external partners on the opening and operation of the new Dublin campus.
- Contribute to safety standards and guidelines for the opening of the Dublin campus.
- Further develop safety standards and processes with a focus on Contractor Management, Real Estate, and Event Safety management.
- Own the Emergency Response program that provides First Aid, CPR, and AED certification and incident response training to employees.
- Conduct compliance walkthroughs with partners to verify ongoing compliance with internal health & safety standards and local/regional regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the investigation, follow up, and root-cause analysis of significant safety incidents.
Professional Experience/Skills Required:
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Multi-disciplinary backgrounds welcomed (e.g. Construction Management, Real Estate, Event management, Pharma, Retail and Emergency Response Team Program management)
- Effective, engaging and sincere personal communication skills
- Strong foundation of health and safety principles in Ireland, (preferably 5+ years of experience)
- Proven experience of working with local authority regulators and partners
- History of a strong collaboration with key partners, working well within a team environment with dynamic professionals from broad backgrounds and of all levels of management. Writes and presents effectively in 1:1 and large group situations
- Drives Results – Works individually and collectively, solves problems and analyses root cause. Implements appropriate changes to ensure delivery of services that exceed customer expectation
Professional Experience/Skills Preferred:
- Prior experience supporting employees and maintaining regulatory compliance in a large Software Organisation
- GRAD IOSH membership (ideally)
- Solid understanding of technology tools such as the Google productivity suite