We have an immediate requirement for an Occupational Health and Safety Advisor in a desk-based role. This role allows for a hybrid model of working both from home and in the client office. Site visits will be organised during the initial phase to become familiar with the clients’ sites.
- Strategically plan and execute companywide OHS program by developing and deploying OHS standards, policies, procedures and guidance as required.
- Review, evaluate, and analyse work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors.
- Lead standardising OHS workstreams e.g. medical health surveillance, external reporting, etc.
- Identify, develop and maintain a central repository of OHS documentation, processes and practices in line with H&S management repository framework.
- Develop analytics and reports based on KPIs / metrics to help identify preventive measures and create data driven programs.
- Provide comprehensive OHS risk analysis and risk management actions.
- Lead continuous improvement actions, programs or processes to influence key business decisions as well as functional and operational OHS strategies.
- Develop or maintain hygiene programs.
- Design employee health programs.
- Prepare healthcare training materials.
- Develop or maintain medical monitoring programs for employees.
- Maintain or update emergency response plans or procedures.
- Develop emergency procedures.
- 3 – 4+ years’ work experience in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Minimum of a recognised Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- A medical background would be an advantage.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be innovative.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.