The SOLAS Safe Pass Programme was developed following an initiative by the Construction Industry Training Committee.
The training modules incorporated within the one-day Safe Pass Programme are:
• Promoting a Safety Culture
• Duties and Responsibilities at Work
• Accident Reporting and Prevention
• Working at Heights
• Excavations and Confined Spaces
• Working with Electricity Underground and Overhead Services
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Use of Hand Held Equipment, Tools and Machinery
• Safe Use of Vehicles
• Noise and Vibration
• Manual Handling
• Health and Hygiene
The health and safety awareness training provided under the SOLAS Safe Pass Programme – while complying with the provisions of the Safety, Health, and Welfare at Work Act 2005, the Safety Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations, and the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006 – must not be seen to relieve employers of their statutory duty to provide other appropriate health and safety training for their employees.
This course is required for all construction site and local authority workers (including apprentices/trainees) to ensure that they have a fundamental knowledge of health and safety before commencing work on any building site.
Any worker who alters, interferes or changes a building must in time have a Safe Pass card.
• To raise the standard of safety awareness in the construction industry
• To ensure that all site personnel undergo basic health and safety awareness training with a view to making a positive contribution to the prevention of accidents and avoidance of health hazards
• To maintain a register of personnel who have received such training
• To provide all participants with a SOLAS Safe Pass registration card which will indicate that the holder has attended a formal course in health and safety awareness.
Participants will be able to:
• State the required legislation applicable to the location of underground services.
• Identify the hazards associated with underground services.
• Use the relevant information, cable location devices and carry out or supervise the carrying out of safe excavation.
• State precautions to be taken for the protection of site personnel and members of the public.
You must be able to speak and understand English (unless interpreter agreed). You must be 16 years or over. You must have an Irish PPS No. For more info, please contact our office. On the day of training, you must bring a form of ID with you, 1 passport sized photo (Available in our office) & proof of your PPS No.
The Ayrton Group provided Linesight with a number of in-house Covid-19 Lead Worker Representative training sessions through CitA Skillnet Ireland. I found them extremely flexible and adaptable to our needs. Links, materials and certificates were all sent in a timely manner. The trainers provided by Ayrton were knowledgeable and engaging and the feedback from participants was very positive. I would have no hesitation in using the Ayrton Group again.
SHARON HURLEYHead of Group Learning & Development Linesight
Ayrton Group are great to work with! They always go above and beyond to try and help you whether it’s booking a Safe Pass Course or enquiring about a consultation on a specific project. I would highly recommend them and their professional friendly approach for anyone booking training or looking for Safety consultants.
The Ayrton Group have provided Kerry with advice and consultancy services in a number of health & safety areas over the last few years. They have used their knowledge and expertise to support us in many ways including the preparation for audits, production of quality Risk Assessments, updated Safety documents, revised SOPs and a range of excellently delivered safety training programmes. I thoroughly recommend their service to any business looking for reliable and competent professionals to help in any area of Health & Safety.
Oliver KearneyEHS & Security Manager Kerry Listowel
We were looking for Lead Worker Representative Training at very short notice. Ayrton was very accommodating in adjusting the content for our Retail Team and providing a number of courses at very short notice. They provide excellent value for money and would definitely recommend and use them again in the future. Would advise anyone to get in touch as they were very helpful with advice and recommendations.
Marie MilesHead of Human Resources Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
I’ve used Ayrton Group as a training provider for years, and they have never let me down. The trainers they send onsite are very professional and firm and fair when evaluating learners. They are reliable and accommodating. They and react to their customers’ needs in a timely fashion. Easy to build a good relationship with. They deliver meaningful and relevant practical information in their courses. I can be confident that they will deliver good service on time.
Joseph WehrleyTraining Specialist Molex
Talk to one of our Safety Experts
Looking for information about safety consultancy, safety training or staffing? Contact our expert team today to find out how we can tailor a solution for your specific project needs.