- Design, Implementation and Maintenance of IMS, management of external third part accreditation of same (Safe-T-Cert, 18001, 9001 & 14001)
- Training company staff in use of system
- Monitoring compliance on all live construction sites, particular emphasis on Health & Safety performance
- Production of ongoing monthly compliance report to inform company decision makers
- Production of Project specific documentation including Construction Stage Health, Safety Plans; Project Quality Management Plans, activity method statements and risk assessments etc.
- Attending meetings with Clients to discuss Health & Safety issues
- General oversight role to ensure all company operations are conducted in line with various policies and procedures
- 3rd level qualification in Health and Safety and Min 5 years’ experience
- Past experience implementing a Health & Safety Management System in the Construction Industry
Duration: 6 months
- Implement and manage a safety management system on site
- Manage and supervise a team of safety officers working with you
- Represent us on all safety related matters with the main contractor and client
- Arrange & manage contractor safety meetings, prepare agendas, issue minutes,
- Conduct regular reviews on corrective actions arising from incidents,
- Screen contractors, their paperwork including training records, method statements and so on
- Deliver tool box talks, safety inductions and provide support and advice to colleagues, subcontractor personnel and other third parties
- Proper reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses in an accurate and timely fashion and assist with investigations in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Conduct site safety inspections, audits and risk assessments as required and ensure that management personnel put appropriate action plans in place.
- Risk assess work areas, develop Method Statements in conjunction with the safety team
- Diploma in Health & Safety or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience as a safety officer in the Construction industry with at least 2 years’ experience as a manager of large construction/commissioning projects
- Experience in Training & Education
- Recognised Trainer Certification in the relevant specified subject, such as QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Trainer